The International Copper Study Group (ICSG), established on 1992, is an intergovernmental organization of copper producing and using countries where industry, its associations and governments can meet and discuss common problems and objective.
ICSG member countries are: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, D.R. Congo, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russian Fed., Serbia, Spain, Sweden and the U.S.A.ICSG is operating from its Head Office at Lisbon Portugal. It organizes bi-annual and annual meetings and provides a platform for the member countries for interaction and knowledge sharing among the major copper producing countries.
The forum helps in understanding global market scenario and planning future path for copper business by providing the following:
- • Historical and current database on production, consumption and trade data for copper, copper products and secondary copper, price series, and information on copper mines and plants.
- • ICSG prepares a forecast for the copper market twice per year, presenting a two-year outlook.
- • Monthly Press Release providing the very latest information on supply and demand.
- • Updates on Regulatory issues, mostly environmental and health, of interest to the copper industry.
- • As the recognized International Commodity Body for copper by the Common Fund for Commodities (CFC), the ICSG prioritizes, formulates and supervises CFC-financed projects relating to copper and shares the study reports to the members for broader use.
Following are the ICSG’s regular publications:
- • The ICSG Copper Bulletin (monthly): Contains statistics on copper and copper products, their production, usage and trade by country, as well as stocks and exchange prices, providing a global view of supply and demand.
- • The ICSG Statistical Yearbook: Contains annual statistics on copper and copper products, including a global view of supply and demand for the past 10 years.
- • Directory of copper and copper alloy fabricators (first use) (annual).
- • Directory of copper mines and plants (semi-annual)
- • Studies on issues relevant for the international copper economy by undertaking market reports covering different aspects of the copper industry.
To the institutions based in ICSG member countries the abovesaid database are available free or at a subsidized rate. Also, regular updates are received on upcoming events as well on uploading of new database or report or news.
For further details visit : www.icsg.org